Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday

Overnight, I decided that I am doing the Primal Blueprint 21 Day Challenge that started yesterday; I'm going to spend the next 3 weeks dialing in nutrition a bit (i.e., stop with the peanuts and M&M lunches, avoid chips, etc) and adding a PB-style workout once a week. In addition, since I've started using a standing desk at work, I will keep it going for the 3-week period, before deciding if it's a keeper or not.  Although I really need to find some more books, to get the keyboard and mouse a bit more elevated.

150.8 today; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • peanuts (but no M&Ms, at least)
  • cheese
  • trail mix (almonds, cashews, dried cranberries and blueberries, yogurt chips)
  • meatballs with stroganoff sauce (sour cream, beef broth, mushrooms, nutmeg, allspice)
  • a bit more trail mix
We also hit the gym last night for the first time since we gave up our annual membership.  I walked a mile using my racewalk playlist (which gets progressively faster with each song), ending with a fairly robust sprint walk.  Then I went and did some seated rows and glute presses, maybe 5 minutes worth, and we left.  I think I would change up the mix a bit, try to get the weights up to 10 minutes next time, which will be in 4-7 days.  Until then, I will be attempting to get more walking in somewhere (maybe at the gym if Lee and Elizabeth want to go more often), and maybe doing some bodyweight stuff if the fit takes me.

Sleep has been a challenge, but I'm hoping that the standing desk and workouts may help; seemed to last night.  Instead of waking up 3-4 times over the night, I believe it was only twice.  But the first time is so heartbreaking these days - I wake up in the dark, feeling like I'm coming up from a whole night's sleep, only to find that it's early - last night was midnight.  My other waking episode was 4:30, which wasn't too bad.

So, the 21 days will be over on October 6th.  Between now and then, I will be avoiding sugar and starches both, along with manufactured foodlike substances, getting in at least one gym session per week, and using my standing desk.  I will use these entries to stay honest.  This should, however, be much easier than the whole 30.  And I'm not dragging the family into it, so I won't have to be a cheerleader when I'm struggling myself, I can just struggle quietly on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment