Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday

Wow.  I thought I was tired before.  Not so much.  We have had a 3-day weekend with Jack, and the sleep has become progressively worse each night. Top that off with Lee being sick - he caught a nasty chest cold playing golf in the rain (that's his story and he's sticking to it), so I ended up doing a lot of the wee hours Jack-wrangling. Not fun.  Yesterday, he and I got up at 4:50 am.  Today, I was up throughout the night shutting doors and wrestling him into a sleeping position multiple times, and we all got up at 5:50 am.  Elizabeth comes home this afternoon - and "not a moment too soon" was probably some time yesterday.  I am fried. Lee is still in bed, with the dogs on the back porch as if we had all left the house.  That should give him time to get some rest.

My stomach was all nasty yesterday; not sure what was going on, but I've apparently eaten something I probably shouldn't have.  I'm feeling a bit ugh still, and it was in evidence overnight, as well, which just added to the general merriment.

151.6 this morning. Here's a rough summary of yesterday's eating - I don't think it's everything, but it's what I remember:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • bean-free chili
  • salted chocolate almonds
  • dried cherries
  • chips and salsa
  • enchiladas montada (cheese, stacked with 3 tortillas) with green chile
  • an apple
I think that was it.  It felt far worse than that at the time.

No breakfast today - no time for it.  I will get lunch due to work things, and we are having pork roast and roasted brussels sprouts for dinner. If I'm still awake by than, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment