Tuesday, May 28, 2013

um, ... Tuesday

Holiday weekend; I tend to forget what day it is when it's the first day at work and not a Monday.  Good - and very busy - weekend.  Including Friday, here's what went on:
  • Carpet installation
  • Swamp Cooler repair
  • Graduation for my niece
  • Completion of two skirts (sewing) while listening to the Indy 500
  • Competition in the Bolder Boulder
After that, I sorta collapsed.  I'm not sure why, but I ended up with a nasty blister on the bottom of my right heel from the race yesterday - about 2 inches long and an inch across.  I got it drained and have a band-aid on it, and the foot's walkable, but it definitely colored my experience of the last third of the race.  Kinda painful.  I had no problems of the sort last year, in the same shoes, so I'm not sure what the deal was.  The shoes are going in the wash tonight, I think.  And they may be near due for replacement as well - that could be it.

I am definitely stiff and sore today - but in a very different way from a year ago, I think.  Credit there to Rolfing, because I'm symmetrically sore, and only from the waist down; the rest of me feels perfectly fine.

151.6 this morning, much due to inflammation, so I think it will go down over the week.  Here's yesterday as well as I can recall:
  • tea with cream
  • fat bomb smoothie
  • potato chips
  • 3 Fuzzy's shredded beef tacos, eaten with the corn tortillas (post-race recovery carbs, right?)
  • pork tenderloin with dried-fruit chutney (williams-sonoma recipe, omitted sugar)
  • salad with blue cheese, cranberries, and walnuts, balsamic vinaigrette
  • walnuts
  • 1/4 bar Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds
I think that was it.  Skipped breakfast this morning for convenience and because I wasn't particularly hungry; will be focused on anti-inflammatory eating today.

Oh - and here's the weird thing.  I am NOT in shape right now - far from it.  Didn't train much for the race, unlike last year, when we did a goodish bit of walking in anticipation.  And I will grant that our pace was hardly fast last year.  But we beat it by about 2-1/2 minutes this year.  With the blister.  I had enough left to run the final hill (until the turn into the road behind the stadium, that is), and the stadium itself.  And didn't need a nap yesterday, either.  In years past, a complete collapse was inevitable.  Gotta love coconut oil, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment