Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday

153.2.  I'm fighting - and losing to - a lot of carb cravings still.  Last night, I ate a bunch of cashews - multiple servings, guaranteed - and two, or possibly three, handfuls of chocolate cherries.  Which I no longer even like.  And yet I kept going back for more.  I'm not sure what I want exactly, but this has been rough.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • possibly the usual supplements (I know I haven't had them today)
  • double quarter pounder with cheese, no bun
  • shrimp with prosciutto
  • sliced tomatoes
  • cashews
  • chocolate cherries
That was it, but those last two items queered the day, as it were. Shepherd's Pie for dinner tonight - I made it last evening, with a real mirepoix, properly sweated onions and all.  A bit of beer in the sauce (which was just beef stock).  Butter-laden potatoes on top.  It tasted quite good in the making, so I'm hopeful it will be good tonight - and enough to keep me from being on the quest for the perfect carb fix, whatever that might be.

Working from home tomorrow.  Could be good, could be awful, in terms of eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment