Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday

Bad weekend.  Awful, in fact.  Partially redeemed by yesterday, but only partially, and not at all reflected by the scale.  Which said 155.0 this morning.  Like I said, awful.  Saturday lunch consisted of a deli bag of Lays (more than 2 servings, I believe) and about 2/3 of a bag of dried cherries.  Do I know why?  No, I don't.

Some of the 155 pounds is water, for sure.  Every joint I have is constrained by water right now.  Probably affected by my 4-mile walk on Saturday - I had breakfast at the golf course and then walked home via the trail along Ralston Creek.  I'm still feeling it - but it needed to be done.

Lee has messed up a knee - torn meniscus - and one of the self-care recommendations he got was to take walks.  So we will be doing that - more urgency once the doc says to.  Did one yesterday morning and will do one before dinner.

Managed a lower carb day yesterday.  Here's the scoop:
  • tea with cream
  • strawberries and cream
  • cheese
  • fritata with red peppers (brunch starts here)
  • bacon
  • green olives
  • cheese
  • sausage
  • chicken with rosemary cream sauce
  • a mimosa
  • half slice of salami
  • small filet mignon (here's where brunch ended and dinner began)
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
No noticeable ketosis at bedtime.  I'm fasting this morning due to overwhelming sleepiness when the alarm went off.  I got some really good sleep over the weekend, that's one good thing.  Brought no snacks with me today, so the goal is to fast until dinner, which will be after the walk.  That's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment