Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday

I'm starting to think we need a new scale.  And ours is relatively new - but very random.  I got on it this morning first thing, and was startled to see it say 145.9 - that would be a 2-pound loss yesterday with no reason for it.  So I stepped off, waited for it to zero itself again, and stepped back on.  146.6.  Tried again after showering: 146.1.  I think I can only conclude that I weigh more than zero.  And I think I already knew that.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese (2 pieces at work)
  • antelope steaks (from a Christmas gift - quite tasty, although they cook REALLY fast, so they were well-done)
  • Southern-style green beans, made with the ham stock I made last weekend from Easter leftovers - the best ones yet (Lee thinks they still need more salt)
  • Sliced tomatoes
  • vanilla ice cream - one of those little Haagen-Dasz cups
So, yeah, I didn't eat much yesterday, but not two pounds loss worth.  No idea what's going on.

My sleep last night was pure screaming stench-filled crap.  To put it mildly.  I took another Advil PM, hoping to get another night of crazy-deep sleep, further allowing my shoulders to relax.  Yeah, no.  I spent large chunks of the night, near as I can tell, dreaming I was lying there awake.  Woke a bunch, including once to a bad dream and once to some sort of noise that had me halfway out of bed before I woke, only to find that I was apparently the only one in the house (including two dogs) who had heard it.  And once, thinking that it had to be after 4:00 am, to find that it was 1:43.  Just awful. 

So, of course, my shoulders are killing me this morning.   I'm going to try increasing my water intake; hoping that will help flush out whatever it is.  And if that doesn't work, I guess it's time for another round of MAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment