Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday

Yesterday started out well, but I made the mistake of reading through the "what garbage did you use to eat?" thread on PaleoHacks yesterday afternoon, and ended up adding a bag of jerky at the time.  Then, because we were out of potato chips at dinner (not that they're all that good, I know), I had Nacho Cheese Doritos instead.  And a bunch of the dark chocolate-coconut oil bark we made a while back.  So it was a mix of eating garbage and eating too much in general, I think.  145.9 this morning.  Here's the breakdown:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • bouillon
  • cheese
  • one or two Godiva Pearls
  • beef jerky
  • 2 hot dogs
  • a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
  • more tea with cream (an attempt to head off what follows - it didn't work)
  • 3 chocolate cherries
  • aged gouda - 3 pieces, I think
  • chocolate coconut bark - about 5 pieces
  • walnuts - not very many
I was really hoping to report further improvements in my right shoulder, but I can't - it's starting to bother me again.  Made for a night of much more broken sleep and I'm just tired and cranky at the moment.  Add to that Lee's initial plunge into allergy season (or a bad cold; hard to tell which), so he was snoring a good bit as well as thrashing around and periodically waking to blow his nose noisily, all of which was despite a dose of Advil PM (for the sleep and the benadryl).  I won't catch it, or at worst, I won't have enough symptoms to fill a thimble (thank you Vitamin D!!!), but he doesn't like suffering in silence, so I'm very tired this morning.

I think I start Easter preps tonight - I'm going to make the croissants to be baked late Saturday rather than on Sunday, and that means starting the sponge tonight.  They're very easy once you get the technique down, and only require sporadic attention - and a 3-day rise in the fridge means that some of the anti-nutrients are wiped out.  I still probably won't eat one.

I would love to say that tonight's my turn with the Advil PM, but a) I'm fairly sure Lee will still need it, and b) I think I might be up half the night for work.  I hope I'm wrong on that one - especially since I don't think I'd add value in any way.  And I really need a good night's sleep right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment