Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday

Fasting today - but not on my behalf.  The dogs had a vet appointment, for bloodwork of some sort, and couldn't eat breakfast, so we opted out, in solidarity with them.  I am now rather hungry, so it probably won't be a very long fast.

145.5 again this morning.  We ate pretty well yesterday, but I did have a small walnut bender after dinner.  Here's the breakdown:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • a very few Godiva pearls
  • Grassfed London broil, marinated in soy sauce/ketchup/olive oil and garlic - quite tasty
  • Southern-style green beans - pressure-cooked with onion and bacon - still need more salt, but I'm very close
  • Cole slaw that turned out far better than I'd expected after tasting the dressing - I even had seconds
  • about 6 chocolate cherries
  • walnuts
  • aged gouda
As predicted, it's snowing today, and the commute to work was a ruddy pain in the butt.  The roads are wet, a little slushy, maybe.  So, of course, everyone slowed to a 10 mph crawl.  Instead of 40 minutes to work, it was an hour and 20.  Just doubled.  It's supposed to snow all day, so I am guessing that going home will be similar.  I just hope it's not worse.  I have a massage tonight and I'm not going to miss it.  One hour, and if I have my way, nearly all of it on my shoulders - especially my right one.  Something has it all knotted up, and if I can just get it untied, things should improve rapidly.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment