Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday

147.0 this morning - either the scale, or my body, is being mean to me.  And given that I'm in the throes (or throws - as in blankets) of menopause, we already know that the latter is true.  Lee would have it be the scale - it wantonly added 4 pounds to his weight yesterday.  I think it's on the way out - and I think it knows it.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements - for Monday
  • cheese
  • about 8 Godiva pearls - okay, maybe 10
  • a half-sour pickle slice
  • iced tea
  • a bacon-blue cheese bison burger, no bun
  • green beans
  • two french fries
  • a piece of chocolate-coconut-oil bark
About that last, I would like to say that it continues to function as Speed to me.  We were tired when we got home from dinner (at Ted's), but I wanted to make some new bark, so I ate one of the remaining two pieces of the previous batch.  And almost instantly got the fidgets.  Made the new bark.  Made a pot of tea.  Checked the transplanted plants from the weekend.  Watered all of them.  Put the dog food out for morning.  Changed clothes.  All in about 5 minutes - and after that, I was able to sit down and read for the rest of the evening.

It is unseasonably warm here just now - going to get very close to 90 today, which is pretty radical for April.  So my sleep last night was a bit broken up - I know I ran the iPod to get to sleep in the first place, then three additional times throughout the night, the last two starting around 3:30 am.  This morning, as a result, I had a coconut milk smoothie, and I'm feeling just fine right now - full of vinegar.  Good stuff, coconut oil.

Oh, and I have to redo the coconut bark from last night - I froze it on a slant, which made half of it thicker than the last batch - and the whole goal was to make a thinner, more accessible batch.  Bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment