Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday

Either the week's not-so-great eating caught up with me, or I am carrying water again.  Not sure which, but I was at 147.0 this morning.

Sleep seemed better - for one thing, my shoulders seem to have got over the pain yesterday and are feeling pretty good.  So all I was battling was the thermostat - probably my internal one.  Each time I rolled over, I got hot and sweaty, so my night was full of cover-adjustments.  Annoying.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • a Hershey's bar with almonds
  • about 1/2 pound of gyro meat
  • part of a salad (we split it)
  • one bite of pita with hummus
  • tzaziki sauce
  • strawberry/mango juice
I stopped after that.  It seems more or less healthy, although certainly carby-er than it could have been.  Dinner was at the local Mediterranean joint, and their hummus is wonderful, as are their juice drinks, so I had a little of both.  The Hershey's bar was a stress reaction - at one point yesterday, I thought I would be working through last night, tonight, and possibly tomorrow night, on top of hosting Easter dinner for the family.  As things turned out, the work won't be quite that bad, although I will probably be involved in something tonight (evening, though, not 2 am) and tomorrow some time (if all goes really well, early tomorrow morning).

Easter dinner is mostly healthy.  Ham, baked sweet potatoes, green beans and brussels sprouts (not mixed), ambrosia salad (okay, that's not healthy - but it has coconut in it!), green salad, croissants (for others, not for me), and a flourless chocolate cake.  I have the croissants started - they're a 3-day ferment in all, so they are probably less toxic than they could be.

I will try to get some sun over the weekend, as well - maybe some outdoor garden cleanup of some sort tomorrow, if work doesn't get in the way.  If it does, maybe I'll rig an extension cord onto the front patio and work out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment