Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday

We had a pretty-near-perfect weekend.  Fabulous weather, yard work to provide a sense of accomplishment, a fun family get-together, and I got some sleep.  Just spot on.  I think I ate fairly well, although the scale says 146.6 this morning.  My assessment of that number has to do with sore muscles from the gardening.  Here's yesterday:
  • bacon
  • strawberries with cream
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, I think 
  • 2-1/3 hot dogs, with mustard
  • a very few potato chips (we split a bag three ways)
  • a few almond-flour crackers
  • cheese
  • walnuts
  • a glass of merlot
  • meatballs with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella
  • salad with some sort of "lite" commercial dressing
  • ice cream
  • two chocolate cherries (or maybe five - I might have gone for them more than once)
The gardening took the form of planting out the last two tomato plants on Saturday, and rigging up drip irrigation for them and the other patio pots.  We are now growing two slicing tomatoes (one heirloom), four Romas for sauce, and two cherry-sized - one heirloom and the other a grape tomato.  Along with the lettuce and carrots and berries.  On Sunday, we hooked the drip to a timer, and then started weeding without really intending to - it was just so nice outside, one hated to waste it.  I pulled up about a half-bag of dandelions and other unwanted vegetation from the big flower bed in the front, while Lee dismantled our compost bins - they've never worked here; it's just too dry and I don't have an easy way to water them.  Then he and Elizabeth filled another 7 or 8 bags with random stuff from around the driveway - we had vast drifts of pine needles this year that we haven't had before.  And we all hauled those to the curb.  After which I helped Lee clean out the garage storage shed and finally crashed (around 3 pm).  And as usual, I'm all astonishment at the stamina that Paleo gives me.  I can get hot and sweaty, or sore, and keep going in that state for hours.  It's really weird.

We are all a bit stiff this morning, but not bad.  I'm a little sunburned as well - hopefully enough to kick off some tan without peeling.  At some point yesterday afternoon I took 3 Advil and 3 fish oil, and felt much better after that kicked in.  I really do think that helps a bunch with the stiffness.

The week ahead is supposed to be fabulous weather, so I suspect that more yard work may await.  Or at least more sitting outside enjoying it.  Yeah!  Summer is close!

No comments:

Post a Comment