Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday

We survived Easter.  Barely, but we survived.  Surreal weekend; on top of "Sunday dinner" (meaning it was lunch) for 12, I had a semi-crisis at work and spent intervals all weekend on conference calls trying to get some repair software to run faster by force of will.  In the end, it finished up last night, just in time, so that was good.  But I'm pretty tired - it was by no means a restful weekend.

I'm at 147.2 this morning, a little surprised (not all that much, though) to be there.  Had a carb binge yesterday evening after everyone had left, that I think explains it.  That, and some rather crap sleep over the past few days.  It may be all water, though; I was at 145.2 yesterday morning.  We shall see.

Here's a rough summary of yesterday's eating, as I recall it.
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • ham
  • baked sweet potato
  • green beans with almonds
  • sauteed brussels sprouts
  • ambrosia salad (marshmallows, fruit, whipped cream, coconut)
  • about a half-glass of Riesling
  • flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and whipped cream
  • a couple of strawberries
  • possibly a Reese's peanut butter egg
  • cheese
  • chocolate blueberries (absolutely the full 1/4 cup serving)
  • tortilla chips and a sour-cream dip
I think that was it.  If I'd avoided the salad, the dessert, and the binge after, it would have been a pretty clean paleo day, really.  I made the croissants for dinner, and thought of having one, but when one didn't make it onto my bread plate, I didn't feel like making the effort to get one, so I went without.  I hear they were good.  For what it's worth, I have some lingering indigestion this morning from something and am fasting; a choice made in favor of sleeping in an extra 15 minutes.  That, and forgetting to bring cheese to the office with me.  So probably a real 20+ hour fast today.

We have lots of left-over ham (and I swear I bought a small one!) and the bone, which is simmering in the crock pot to make ham broth/stock.  No idea what I'll do with it, but it seemed foolish to waste it.  If I were to find beans suddenly a food again, I suspect it would make a great bean soup base.  Maybe I'll try cooking green beans in it the next time we haul out the pressure cooker.

The theme for this week is "sleep", I think.  Probably won't be getting any, truth to tell; I have some sort of "leadership conference" at work the last half of the week, where one night ends at 8:00, the next at 9:00 (they're putting us up at the hotel that night).  And Thursday morning (after the 8:00 night), Elizabeth is catching the bus to get the train to LA - and has to be downtown around 4 am.  So not so much then, either.  But I can shoot for a good night tonight and tomorrow night, and hope for a solid weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment