Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday

Three-meal day yesterday, a rarity on a weekday.  Had salad with meat and cheese for lunch, and half a piece of gluten-free pizza, which wasn't bad.  146.8 this morning.

Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs with ham (Easter leftovers)
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • salad with meat and cheese and some light vinaigrette
  • iced tea
  • 1/2 slice gluten-free pizza
  • cheese
  • burger patty
  • salad
  • dijon vinaigrette
  • chocolate blueberries (rather a lot of them)
  • walnuts
I don't even like chocolate blueberries; the cherries are much better.  So I'm not sure why I'm mindlessly stuffing the damned things down my gullet of an evening.  I stopped and went for walnuts after a while, just to have something less unhealthy.

Made some almond-flour sweet-potato bread last night.  Had a bit this morning for breakfast, and it wasn't bad at all.  I don't really get how almond flour works, but it is a pretty decent substitute for wheat flour in baked goods - the texture of the bread is very similar to banana bread made with wheat flour.  Unlike the coconut flour, which has to be so very eggy to work properly - but does produce very light baked goods when you beat the stuffing out of the egg whites.  Anyway, I'd do it again.

This afternoon starts a 3-day "leadership conference" for work - at a hotel conference center, with meals provided.  Not at all sure how it will work, but I am counting on them providing salad and/or fruit, and I'm taking a bit of beef jerky with me.

Sleep was better last night, possibly because I cranked the ceiling fan up to high.  I have a new soporific playlist - an hour of "Information, Please", that has me out before they've explained the rules.  It works, which is all I ask of it.  However, the hot flashes are starting to occur during waking hours now.  I'm really not up for doing this again - it was so miserable last time.  Not like I have much of a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment