Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday

Finally got some sleep - through artificial means, unfortunately, but I'll take it.  And my shoulder hurts less - probably because I was properly relaxed all night (which I can tell this morning - so relaxed just now that I can't really type).  I may do it again tonight, to see if a couple of nights of really deep sleep would make the shoulder pain issue go away entirely.

Or not - don't want to get used to the stuff, either.

147.7 this morning; no real idea why.  I had a rather weird day of eating yesterday, I admit, but hardly weight-inducing, I would have said.  Here's the scoop:
  • fat bomb smoothie with strawberries
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • bouillon
  • a bag of beef jerky
  • a zucchini sliced into tiny noodles
  • sauce for the same, made of sour cream, butter, and a mix of Italian grating cheese (parmesan, romano, asiago)
  • walnuts
  • a square of 85% chocolate
  • three chocolate almonds
I did the zucchini because I was the only one home for dinner, and my family doesn't think zucchini stands in for pasta all that well - but I think it's delicious - and way quicker to cook (bar the cutting it up into tiny noodles, which did take a while).  It's something I thought of yesterday afternoon, and since I had a Whole Foods trip to do anyway, I grabbed a zucchini and went to town.

I need to get to the gym.  In a little over a month, I have a 10K, and I haven't trained for it at all.  I know I can racewalk 6 miles without major issues, but I doubt I have any speed in me at all.

The smoothie was terribly helpful yesterday - despite being rather exhausted, I was quite productive and my brain was working smoothly.  I do appreciate that.

The lettuce in the garden is quite visible, and I'm starting to see carrots.  I really am going to try to thin them properly this year, so as to get good sized results, but I also hate to dig up and discard plants.  Doubt I could transplant them.  Anyway, the tomatoes all seem to have settled in well - despite, or maybe because of, the cold, damp weather immediately after I planted them.  And the raspberry canes have leafed out, the strawberries are starting to spread a bit, and the blueberries have flowers.  I sure hope there are bees around!

No comments:

Post a Comment