Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday

I ate chocolate last night.  Lots of it - well, lots in terms of how I eat such things now.  An entire milk-chocolate rabbit left over from Easter two years ago (it dates to the start of my eating Paleo - and was in fine shape, I might add).  A Lindt truffle of some sort.  A stick-shaped thing with some sort of filling - one of those bits of lagniappe you might get at a high-end restaurant.  That was it.  Lots, like I said.  It tasted good, and I paid attention and enjoyed it, and it was enough.

145.6 this morning, despite several days of rather crap sleep.  This morning I woke at 3 am, sort of needing a bathroom trip, but it was very cold in the bedroom due to the snowstorm outside, and I didn't want to get out from under the covers, so I attempted to go back to sleep without.  Should have known better.  By the time I finally braved the room, I was well and truly awake, no going back.  Turned the radio on at 5:00, listened for half an hour, and got up, to feed the dogs and deal with the trees - too many leaves for it to be snowing just yet.  I think we lost quite a few branches of a tree that isn't right for this climate anyway.  When I'm more awake and in a better mood, perhaps I'll see the cleanup as a Primal exercise opportunity.  Right now, I'm just pissed off.  Because the only person available to deal with the mess just now is me.  I guess I should be glad that I'm in reasonable enough shape to tackle it.  "Should", mind you, not "am" - maybe after some sleep.

Yesterday's eating:
  • half of a fat-bomb smoothie
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, tomatoes, bacon, and slices of steak
  • wine
  • the aforementioned chocolate gorge
  • walnuts
I think that was it.  Apart from the chocolates, it wasn't really all that bad, and I did lose a bit of weight, so that's good.

I'm sort of fasting today.  I had tea with cream twice this morning, and I have cheese with me that I will eat at some point today, to try to brighten things up.

I made my very first bona-fide purchase of an eBook yesterday - I bought Paleo Comfort Foods for iBooks.  I have an iPad with Kindle installed on it, so I could have gone through Amazon, but I know iBooks supports pictures, and I had some credit in iTunes.  So far, I'm very impressed with the content - and I think Lee will be a fan as well - they have recipes straight from his childhood, like gumbo and "grits" (not so sure that cauliflower is all-useful as a substitute for grits, but I might slide some shrimp-and-"grits" by him to see how they play).  They also have a banana bread recipe, using almond flour, that I will try - and the picture looks like actual bread.  Probably not an every-day item, but for special occasions, sure.

I have some ground beef patties in the fridge that I need to eat for dinner, at least some of them (there are 4; I'll probably have 2).  No idea what I'm going to do with them - maybe there's something in Paleo Comfort Foods.  Still haven't got my copy of Make It Paleo, which is to be a late birthday present from my parents.  Kinda bummed - I'd hoped to do some test-driving while it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment