Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday

Gosh, maybe the world's longest week is going to come to an end after all.  Spent some of the evening yesterday attempting to haul broken branches off of the grass/garden area and into our driveway, with only mixed success; a few of them outweigh me, I'm reasonably certain.  And also knocking the day's further accumulation of snow off the branches that had not yet fallen - that I could reach.  This turned out to have been a good approach, although imperfect; we lost another large branch later last night - well after the snow had stopped.  Summary: I got a mess on my hands, and with Halloween coming Monday, need to get it at least partly cleared up - right now, the largest bits are right on the sidewalk leading to the front porch.

Crap sleep again last night - I couldn't stay warm.  If I weren't flying to Phoenix tomorrow night, I ... no, I take that back.  Tonight after work, I am adding in the final layer of the duvet, bringing it up to a thermal rating of -10 or something, I think.  It comes in two pieces, a thin one and a thicker one.  We use the thin one in the summer, and had changed over to the thicker one last month, but putting both together may solve my problem - and it needs a solution, quickly.  The dogs awoke, cold, at 4:00, so I let them get on the bed with the mattress heater on, and they seemed to appreciate it, although that killed all chance of sleep for me.  We will keep trying, though.

144.6 this morning - a bigger drop than I'd expected.  Especially as I'd gone on a tear looking for forbidden food last night due to an incendiary bad mood after dealing as best I could with the devastation in my front yard.  Here's the day's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese throughout the day
  • two 1/4 pound burger patties with prime rib seasoning
  • about 1/3 of a snack-sized bag of potato chips
  • 8 chocolate almonds
  • pecans with cheese spread
That was it.  Apparently the chips and chocolate didn't do much damage at that point.

I am not fasting today, but the pre-dinner eating will still be sparse.  Had some swiss cheese for "breakfast" and have some colby with me for as-needed eating.  Not particularly balanced, but it does keep body and soul together well enough.  No idea what I'm having for dinner, though.  I'll have to think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment