Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday

I mostly eliminated nuts from my eating over the weekend, and my stomach is grateful.  I did have some cashews last night, but not too many.  That said, I'm at 146.2 this morning (up from 145.0 yesterday), so I don't know that it was altogether a better move.  Here's yesterday:
  • fat bomb smoothie-and-a-half (didn't want to waste coconut milk, and Lee didn't want one, so I eliminated the water and had the whole thing)
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • chips and salsa - okay, that's not a good thing
  • hot dogs and mustard
  • chocolate cherries
  • meatballs with spaghetti sauce and cheese
  • salad with meat and cheese and homemade italian dressing
  • iced tea
  • cashews
The smoothie had its usual effect - I ended up doing lots of little things around the house all morning because of the excess energy - and that was a good thing.  I also didn't want anything to eat for quite a while afterward.  The chips and salsa was a dumb move on my part, although I had maybe a cup-and-a-half of chips (measurement includes lots of airspace).  They tasted good, I must admit.

Over the weekend, I did have a fair amount of potato-based starch, and it seems not to have had a weight impact, overall (unless this morning is a delayed reaction to it - and I doubt that).  I also had an apple with cheese as one of my non-nut snacks - tasted amazing, and was very satisfying - love the crunch.  Someone tweeted not long ago that Paleo eaters seem to be morphing from low-carb into whole-foods/sensible eaters, and that seems to be happening with me as well.  Avoiding pre-fab food appears to be the most important thing we can do - and something we are thoroughly on board with around our house (except for those chips...)

No comments:

Post a Comment