Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday

On Friday, I was 147.2; this morning, 146.0.  That's more like it.  And that's despite several nearly-unconstrained attacks on the Trader Joe's dark chocolate almonds, and a brief foray into the last shards of the bag of tortilla chips Lee had bought and left (which brings up an existential question, really - if I can't eat tortilla chips, what on earth do I use to convey salsa into my mouth?).

Friday night I suffered from the dogs and my left leg - and got rather broken sleep.  Saturday night I slept like a rock, awaking almost exactly 8 hours after I fell asleep.  Last night, I either dreamt or experienced something crawling on the back of my neck, and had a rough night thereafter.  I should be a bit draggy today; I am not.  I opted for a coconut milk smoothie for breakfast and am fizzing over with MCT-fueled energy just now.  That stuff really is a bit like speed.

Anyway, I think, if I can keep the cravings at bay this week, I have my oh-so-minor weight issues under control.  I didn't bring any snacks with me this morning, so there is a risk if things get too boring this afternoon, I'll be headed downstairs with a dollar in hand, but I am (mentally) armed to resist that urge.

Here's yesterday's eating, as best I can reconstruct it:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • cheese chunks
  • possibly some walnuts?
  • dark chocolate
  • salami
  • chocolate almonds
  • bean-free chile
  • iced tea
It was sort of an eating free-for-all - I only really had one semi-structured meal (dinner), and otherwise, ate what sounded nutritious when I got hungry.  It seems to have worked - as did whatever I ended up eating on Friday, which is where I saw the big drop.  Actually, as I recall, that was a fast, broken by cheese at the 17 hour point, followed up with meatballs with a stroganoff-style sauce for dinner.  I would tend to guess that more fasts are in my short-term future, since getting up the necessary 15 minutes early to feed the dogs is REALLY difficult right now.

It struck me, over the weekend, that I may be fighting a normal seasonal occurrence - fattening up for winter.  Not that I'm going to cave in, but it's certainly possible that that's what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment