Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday

Aargh!  Is that how it's spelled?  I want to indicate mild frustration.  I think I ate well enough yesterday, despite a snag in my overall plans (see below), but here I am this morning at 146.6.  I would really like to believe that it has something to do with body composition, but I don't.  Even though we went to the gym yesterday and I strolled a mile in 16 minutes, with a couple of sprint intervals (racewalking sprints, that is), and came home and did 40 wall pushups and a few wall squats.

I think doing 40 wall pushups means that I have to shift to table pushups now, or something - that's in the Primal Blueprint workout e-book I got.  But I need to go refresh my understanding of it; when I read it originally, I was too interested in how the videos worked (fabulously), and skipped over some of the text.  If that is the threshold, though I would like to note that I've only done 3 sessions of wall pushups, and have improved from being able to do about 20 to being able to do 40 with only that much effort.

The squats aren't going quite as well, although last night's effort was hampered by my t-shirt.  It has a large yellow circle on the back, in rubbery paint, and the circle sticks to the wall, preventing a good slide.  So I tried doing them with only my head and butt touching the wall, and I can't think that the mechanics were even a little bit okay.  My knees did not like what I was doing one bit, no matter what, so I stopped after about 5 of them.  I'll try again tonight.

So, yesterday's eating, including the snag:
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese snacks
  • bunless philly cheese steak
  • iced tea
  • cole slaw
  • grassfed beef burgers (1/2 pound total)
  • swiss cheese
  • avocado
  • tomato slices
  • pickles
  • mustard and ketchup
  • iced tea
  • chocolate cherries
  • vanilla ice cream
Did you spot the snag?  Lee wanted to go to lunch - and on weekdays, I rarely eat lunch, so there's half again as much food as I usually consume.  I kept things pretty clean, though, and I do feel a bit swollen and stiff today, so the extra weight may just be water.  I'll keep an eye on it, and if things don't subside soon, see what else I can do to shed the excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment