Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday

Yesterday was a minor disaster - or should have been.  After a 3-hour software demo, I started feeling mildly unwell - like a cold coming on again - and went with cravings, ending up consuming a bag of potato chips an one of trail mix before my next meeting.  The whole day was aggravating and stressful, so when we had taco salads for dinner, I added chips (corn tortilla chips).  Finished up the day with pecans and cheese spread.  And yet, this morning, I was 145.6, so maybe it wasn't so bad.

I think I'm eating too many nuts.  I've noticed several blog articles indicating that they may not be so good for us after all - and while I'm not going to forswear them altogether, I am starting to think that they might be contributing to an ongoing digestive issue, so I think I will be cutting back a good bit.  I'm thinking of alternatives for snacking - maybe apples and cheese (also going lightly on the apples), or more meat-and-cheese, or carrots and peppers.  Hopefully those options will provide me with a happier stomach.

That said, I probably am going to tinker with the apricot/pecan bar recipe from last weekend to see if I can come up with something like carrot cake - I think it could be fairly amazing.

Here's the specifics of yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • potato chips
  • trail mix
  • cheese
  • taco salad with meat, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, and salsa
  • corn tortilla chips
  • hot tea
  • chocolate cherries
  • pecans and cheese spread
It's supposed to be cold this weekend, so I foresee some cooking.  Not sure what yet.  I think my mom got me the Make It Paleo cookbook for my birthday, but it's not published for another 2 weeks - looking forward to it, though.  Maybe I'll make the spaghetti sauce I planned on last weekend and never got around to.  Maybe a crustless pumpkin pie (custard).  Fall food.

No comments:

Post a Comment