Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday

Fasting yesterday turned out to be almost a non-issue; I did not eat until dinner, and then we had Chinese food.  With some rice, which I'd been avoiding before.  But yesterday, I read the discussion of safe starches on the Perfect Health Diet site, and what they said made sense to me, in line with other safe-starch discussions (possibly on Archevore or Robb Wolf's site).  And I can't complain, much.  I lost 0.2 pounds overnight (146.4 this morning), between the fasting and the eating of rice.  Given that my diet has tended to be very low carb, I'll introduce them slowly, but rice and white potatoes are good food that I like, and if they don't cause issues, will probably contribute to even better health than I have now, eaten within reasonable limits.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • hot and sour soup (has tofu in it, and was beyond delicious, and I don't have it that often)
  • beef with green peppers
  • white rice
  • a fortune cookie
  • hot tea
  • chocolate cherries
  • walnuts
  • tea with cream
That's it.  I was completely full after dinner, but have a very bad snacking habit, and the cherries and walnuts helped with that.  I was hungry for breakfast this morning, something that isn't always the case.

I have begun doing some of the Primal Blueprint workout stuff - the wall pushups and squats, anyway.  Did 40 pushups the other day, and tried again last night, only to have to stop after 26.  I think I stood further away from the wall last night, which was the proper form.  So I don't need to shift to a new approach just yet.  On the squats, I made it to 10 before having to give up.  Between just those two exercises, I woke up at 3:25 this morning quite stiff and sore, and could not get back to sleep.  I need to remember some anti-inflammatories before bedtime on nights I do the "lift heavy things" work.

No comments:

Post a Comment