Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday

Better sleep last night, at last.  I think the problems over the past few days - maybe over the past week - have been hormonally-driven, or at least related in some way.  At my age, I guess one has to be somewhat resigned to weird surges of stuff that used to be fairly well-behaved, but the doctor told me last spring that mine had died off completely and that I should be done with all this.  They were, apparently, very wrong.  Anyway, things seem to be settling down again, and I'm seeing a pattern to my sleep - I fall asleep pretty soon after lights out, sometimes with the help of audio, sometimes not, and wake briefly around 4:00 am, give or take maybe a half hour.  Then the alarm goes at 5:30 and provides a mostly-gentle reminder that I should consider getting going for the day, and about a half hour later, I stagger up and get going.

Yesterday's eating was fairly crap-tastic.  Had a craving for M&Ms mid-day and did not resist, unfortunately, and had more chocolate in the evening - AND ice cream!  145.2 still this morning, but the scale was considering larger numbers.  Here's the breakdown:
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage
  • turkey bacon (hmm.  wonder if they're "rewarding" and maybe triggered the M&Ms thing?)
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese snacks
  • M&Ms
  • cheese
  • chicken breast marinated in commercial salad dressing
  • salad with ham and homemade italian dressing
  • walnuts
  • chocolate cherries
  • strawberry ice cream (which, I must admit, was beyond wonderful)
I think that's everything.  Lunch out today, and taco salad, I think, for dinner.  I will try very hard to avoid the machines, but when I get bored and really don't have an outlet for it, it is very hard.  And, unfortunately, that's happening frequently at work these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment