Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday

I don't know if we'll get to making Elizabeth's ideas this week or not - it was Mexican food (at her favorite place here) last night; cheese enchiladas smothered in green chile.  Not sure if that violated my gluten-free January pledge or not - the green chile is gravy-like.  But if it was flour, it was worth every second off my lifespan - theirs is the best! 

Apparently it wasn't too carby; the holiday weight continues to slide off.  I was at 148 even this morning.  Took some preventative coconut water at bedtime and didn't have any cramping overnight (that could also have been the corn tortillas); in fact, I slept really well.

The remainder of the day's eating included eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast, a small handful of walnuts around 2, some chips and salsa and part of a margarita, pecans and cheese spread, a corner of a biscotti, and a dark chocolate truffle.  Lee has forbidden me from taking the biscotti to work to get rid of - I suppose that means he'll be eating them.  All the while protesting that he's being very strict about his eating and whining that he's not losing weight, I don't doubt.  His problem at this point.  If the whining gets loud, I will pull Taubes' new book out and hand it to him - not sure what else I can do.  At some point, he is either going to have to commit hard to the necessary changes, or resign himself to being his current weight or fatter, with the attendant diseases of civilization.  If he thinks biscotti are worth that trade-off, he's free to make it.  Me?  I'm a carnivore; the biscotti are definitely not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment