Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday

An unusual weekend - I lost 2.2 pounds.  144.0 this morning.  And that's fine by me.  We did go to a movie on Saturday, after eating Mexican at a restaurant, so that means a rather large infusion of corn-based carbs then.  I was 144.8 yesterday, which was down a bit from Saturday morning. 

Good dinner last night - pork tenderloin, pan-seared and roasted, baked sweet potatoes, and southern-style green beans, cooked in the pressure cooker (at the end, anyway).  We loaded the sweet potatoes with butter (French butter with sea salt crystals - pretty darn good stuff!) and sour cream, too.  Apart from that, yesterday was a snack-fast day - had some 90% chocolate, some walnuts, and some chocolate almonds, but nothing else after breakfast, which was 6 pieces of turkey bacon.

Today may be an IF day by default - I had breakfast, but I'm supposed to fly to Phoenix at 5:35 tonight, which sort of clobbers the dinner hour.  I may go ahead and take advantage of that and let my stomach rest for the day.

We did try the Mexican stew recipe - and it was fairly awful.  Neither of us is a fan of red-chile enchilada sauce, but the green chile versions in the store all had a lot of franken-food ingredients and flour in them, so I went with the red (which is what the recipe called for).  The spice was hot, and as in all red-chile dishes, burnt-tasting.  After a few bites of it, we opted to go out to dinner - so can we blame Paleo eating for making us eat corn meal and popcorn?  Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment