Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday

Doesn't feel at all like Tuesday - the blessing (or curse) of the three-day weekend.  I struggled with the munchies yesterday - had half a carton of cottage cheese for breakfast, after doing the grocery shopping (not badly influenced by my lack of food, fortunately), and cottage cheese for me has always been a bit dicey - when I ate it for breakfast regularly, it tended to leave me starving at 10:30.  Anyway, I think I ate 5 chocolates yesterday - all of them from a Christmas present, so not even a little bit low-carb.  4 slices of cheddar cheese, some pecans and cheese spread, 1 mini-meatloaf (I was making them to freeze, and the recipe made 11, so I ate the odd one), a bowl of beef-vegetable soup, loaded with cremini mushrooms and carrots, and a bowl of partly thawed, frozen strawberries with heavy cream poured over them.  The last was in an effort to avoid eating the 5th chocolate, and you can see how well that worked.  They were wonderful that way, though.

I didn't have a lot to do yesterday; I think the munchies were boredom eating more than anything else - and that has always been an issue with me.  Still, looking at the entire list, it could have been much worse.  And I am at 144.0 this morning, so it basically had no significant impact on my weight.  Still a bit swollen and stiff in the joints this morning - I took double salmon oil, which should sort that out.

Back to the bacon this morning - the convenience food of choice for me when I'm by myself.  Which reminds me - I noticed that Readers' Digest has an article this month that, based on the cover photo, is touting eggs and bacon as the thing to eat for weight loss, according to "new science".  We haven't subscribed in a couple of years, and I didn't open it to see what they were getting at, but that's a very promising development!

No comments:

Post a Comment