Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday

Started to eat better yesterday; just didn't finish that way.  145.8 this morning as a result.  Easily fixed, though.  Yesterday's breakfast was 1 scrambled egg (we were out), 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and a slice of cheddar cheese to try to add some fat and satiety.  No lunch, but rather a lot of walnuts during the day - I brought them to avoid eating trail mix, and while that worked, I've noticed that having food at my desk generally means I'm going to eat it whether I need it or not.  And I probably didn't need it.  Anyway, dinner was two Stouffer's stuffed peppers, which had 40 grams of carbs between them (I did not read the ingredient list, probably for my sanity more than anything else).  I also had some of the 90% chocolate, a couple of chocolate almonds, and some more cheese - one or two slices of cheddar.  Oh, and a snack-sized bag of cashews. 

A couple of observations: it's nearly always better to cook our own stuff than to rely on convenience foods or restaurants, and I need to find activities to occupy myself with in the evenings; the cashews were more boredom eating, as we sat watching NCIS reruns on TV, than anything to do with actually being hungry.  The night before, we were occupied going through the mail that had accumulated while Lee was gone (things I couldn't deal with) and transferring movies from the Mac to his laptop/USB drive via our in-home LAN.  And I didn't eat anything after dinner that night - because we were busy doing things.  I can find things to do in the evenings - even things to do while sitting in front of the TV - so that's something to start working on.

As for the weight that's been added this week - we're having brats tonight, maybe with some salad or something - and I just won't eat the walnuts today.  A couple of days like that, and it'll go.

No comments:

Post a Comment