Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday

Lovely weekend - it was in the 70s in Phoenix so I got to wear shorts for a while.  Ate okay - some unfried corn tortillas on Saturday, lots of peanuts and cashews, and a complete order of fries at the airport Chili's on the way home.  So, maybe not so okay.  But I was at 144.4 this morning, which is, I think, roughly where I was on Friday.  My stomach is a bit unhappy with me this morning, though - may have to fast tomorrow if it doesn't settle down.

Back to the routine - we're both home now, so eggs are back on for breakfast.  Had some this morning and they were a nice change.

The paper's "fitness" section (formerly known as the women's pages, I believe) this morning has a big article on coconut.  I didn't have time to read it at breakfast, but the sub-head said something about it being the new superfood.  Interesting.  There is also an article about the science of weight loss in Scientific American (I think it was), but a quick skim of it in an airport bookstore gave me the impression that they thought it still required sacrifice (i.e., being hungry) and lots of support, so I'm guessing it's not about eating real food with lots of fat and protein in it.

Elizabeth has lost rather a lot of weight over the past few weeks - unfortunately, it's probably due to stress and being dizzy/nauseated a lot.  But she and I figure that if she resumes eating "clean" once she's hungry again, she can probably keep the weight off and continue to lose.  We hope so, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment