Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday

Not a workday today, but I feel compelled to report on my status, nonetheless.  Ate with my parents last night - pork roast and potatoes, a smidge of gravy, steamed mixed veg and a salad, and a glass of red wine of some sort, all followed by ice cream with chocolate sauce.  I wasn't inspired to cook yesterday morning, so I think the rest of my day's eating consisted of 3 squares of Gruyere, a lemon-filled fancy chocolate (surprisingly good), and about 1/4 cup of walnut pieces - along with several cups of tea with cream.

The meatballs I made Saturday were actually very good - so much so that I mean to make some mini-meatloaves today to freeze for later meals - also using potato starch instead of the bread crumb panade.  Making those today and also some beef vegetable soup as described a couple of days ago.  That's tonight's dinner.

Despite feeling all bloaty this morning - my fingers are stiff and swollen and my stomach is puffy feeling - I weighed in at 143.8, a new low.  Nice to see the numbers, but I made one pair of pants yesterday from my older pattern and they barely fit - which I am hoping is something to do with feeling bloaty (bloaty causes tightness, not the other way around).  Needless to say, I'm adding rather more to the width of the other pair I have fabric for - I don't really care for clothes that fit that tightly.  Although I have a feeling that Lee will like these rather a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment