Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday

I sort-of-inadvertently fasted yesterday.  Lee's out of town, with Elizabeth, probably for the week, and with the snowfall over the weekend, I needed a few extra minutes to spend in traffic jams, so I skipped breakfast (it's very hard to cook when it's just me, no matter what way I might be eating).  And because getting to work took something over an hour and ten minutes, I skipped lunch, too - that, and I wasn't really that hungry, thanks to dear old ketosis.  For dinner I had some frozen cooked ground beef I found, reheated, smothered with salsa, "Mexican-blend" cheese, and sour cream, followed by dark chocolate, rather a lot of walnuts, and a couple of slices of cheddar.  It was pretty good, took no time at all, and it caused me to realize that a lot of times, Paleo eating is easier (granted, lacto-Paleo).  The dark chocolate and walnuts went together rather well - I mean to try the walnuts with the Stilton I have in the fridge, and with the Wensleydale with cranberries - haven't opened the latter, yet.  I'm quite grateful that I don't seem to have any problems eating milk products.

I managed to eat something this morning - turns out, if I put real bacon on low when I'm feeding the dogs, and turn it up to 2 when I get out of the shower, by the time I'm dressed, it's perfect.  Useful information, that, so I had 4 pieces for breakfast, and it tasted wonderful.  For dinner tonight, I'm having more "things made with ground beef" (bison, actually), but I don't know what yet - I just stuck a pound of ground bison in the fridge to thaw last night and will do something with it this evening.

145.6 this morning - well below where I was before Christmas.  Actually, below where I was before Thanksgiving (147.8 - I just checked).  So does that mean I can sneer about all the commercials with sad looking women bemoaning "all those holiday treats"?  Damn straight it does.  Thanks to all the Paleo/Low-Carb gurus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment