Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday

A day to celebrate - the scale told Lee this morning that he weighs less than 200 pounds!  Me, the news wasn't so great - up to 146.2, which, considering I ate very well yesterday, must be that lingering after-effect thing I see repeatedly, and have to do with the trail mix and tortilla chips and cashews earlier in the week.

My stomach is unhappy today.  It was a bit achy when we went to be last night, so I slept very poorly.  I probably should have fasted this morning, but since Lee was breakfasting out, I had him cook me real bacon - to which he added eggs (I wasn't clear explaining that I only wanted bacon, so I ate them too).  Not sure why it's complaining this morning; here's yesterday's eating:
  • 2 eggs and 3 strips of turkey bacon
  • 1/4 cup of walnut pieces
  • 3 bratwurst boiled in beer and grilled (surely it wouldn't be any traces of barley in the beer?)
  • Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 glass of Gewurztraminer
  • 1/2 glass of Pinot Noir (we were finishing off some bottles - and I did NOT mix them)
  • Salad with blue cheese dressing and some Feta in it
  • 2 chocolate walnuts
  • Tea (some with cream, some without)
I think that's it - pretty standard fare around our place, and very low carb.  Ah, well.  I'll behave today - maybe go have steak medallions and a wedge for dinner if we don't eat at home - and things will sort themselves out.

I didn't start the Mexican stew from yesterday's link yet - I think we will try it over the weekend, though.  If we do, I'll report back on it.

Oh - and I told Lee that he wasn't to celebrate breaking 200 by having the special party waffles at Village Inn this morning.  He said he knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment