Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday

Another decent night's sleep - this one, despite a dog. Anneke refused to kennel at bedtime last night, and Charlie went with the "whine and drive them nuts" route well past 10 pm, so we gave in. He was good, though - didn't lean on me more than I could bear. So I feel pretty good this morning. Melatonin only last night - and honestly, I don't think it worked much, because I didn't fall asleep until after 10 myself, and that's been unusual lately.

159.8 this morning; we ate Mexican last night. Lee had wanted it the night before and we'd already prepped stuff; I don't know if the need (stuffiness) was as urgent as it was yesterday, but whatever. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • eggs scrambled with ham and cheese
  • walnuts
  • carrots with ranch dip (sour cream)
  • chips and salsa (not an overwhelming number)
  • Enchiladas Suiza (chicken with a tomatillo salsa and cheese) - 3 of them
  • a bit of beans and rice
  • a sip of limoncello
  • small handful of cashews
That was it. The limoncello was to taste what I'd been concocting since before Christmas as I bottled it up so Lee can take some on the road with him next week (as gifts) - I have no idea what it's supposed to taste like, but it tastes a good bit like lemon cough syrup at the moment. We're chilling it now, to see if that improves things. It's not bad, just kind of odd. And it is supposed to mellow for at least another week before drinking, so maybe that's part of it. Or it's just odd. I'll wait for the verdict of connoisseurs once Lee's handed it over.

Not much else, really. I'm feeling more rested every day, but not full of vim, yet. I would like to feel like that again. I'm sure it's coming - sure hope so, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment