Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday

I think I forgot yesterday. 

So, 160.0 today, down from yesterday, which was up a goodish bit after a weekend full of eating chips (carbs AND polyunsaturates).

Lee caught a cold on the heels of Mardi Gras, failed to keep on top of it, and probably now has pneumonia. He's been threatening to go to a doctor for about 3 days, but didn't do it yesterday, and I'm mad about that. Not that it's in my control or anything, but he didn't have to get this sick.

I have the beginnings of the same damn thing, unfortunately. But I'm back on Sudafed and Mucinex, and anticipate keeping it from moving into my chest. I could be wrong - the virus will do what the virus wants to do - but it's worked before.

All that said, this whole getting sick repeatedly is pure shit. And needs to stop. We have been sliding away from eating for nutrition a lot lately, and the added stress of moving should have made it more imperative that we stay on track. Noted. It may take a while to dig back out of it, but I do mean that we shall.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • 25000 IU of Vitamin D
  • an apple
  • 6 pieces of cheddar
  • walnuts
  • meatballs and spaghetti sauce
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • a handful of cashews
I think that was it. The walnuts and cashews would have had PUFA in them, albeit in a more natural form than corn chips do, so I'd imagine that the impact on insulin sensitivity would be less. Today I have veggies and more blue cheese dressing, and more cheese, for breakfast and lunch. No idea what for dinner, but I may only be feeding myself. There's a ham steak in the freezer; may have Lee get that out to thaw.

I did manage my shoulder exercises last night (on the right side only). I'd love to do some walking, but I feel a little under the weather and think I won't risk making it worse right now. One of us has to stay upright - and I have no PTO, so I can't stay home sick.

Sleep was okay - drugged, but I feel rested this morning. Better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment