Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thursday

I'm quite grateful that this week is going fast, because it's been relatively unpleasant. Sleep last night was horrid - well, the attempt to get some was horrid, and what I got was short. Maybe 3-4 hours if I was lucky.

The cold or whatever it is has taken my appetite much as it took Lee's. I'm hungry, but things don't taste good, and eating is an effort, so I don't much. 157.4 this morning, and leg cramps beyond belief last night, as a result. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, with added Vitamin D
  • an egg custard thing (eggs, cheese, bacon, heavy cream/milk)
  • 6 pieces of cheddar
  • half a ham steak
  • a baked sweet potato with butter and sour cream
  • a Lindt truffle
  • a handful of cashews
Spent quality time in a bath of Epsom salts last night before bed, and basically did nothing else. I got home from work late, cold, and very tired. The bath helped with the cold, but nothing helped with the tired. I've stopped taking Sudafed as of this morning, because it probably kept me awake, and because I don't have anything to dry out - my head is fairly clear. The cold is on my larynx, and a little bit below it. So I took Mucinex this morning to keep things fluid so I can cough it all out. I'm also watching for the need to take extra anti-inflammatories, to keep my bronchial tubes from excess irritation. Don't know what else I can do. This is at least half caused by the stress from moving and everything else, and we may just have to get through it.

I keep meaning to eat live sauerkraut, and I keep not getting around to it. I need to do that. And maybe get half a cabbage and start a small jar full, to get a better mix of bacillus.

No comments:

Post a Comment