Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday

I think I'm recovered from the cold. Finally. What was it - 2 weeks? That was one nasty disease. But I feel normal today, not exhausted, not wheezy, and I have a voice. So I think I've achieved health.

At 160 pounds. Bother. I gained about 0.2 pounds every stinking day last week. Not eating anything bad for me, either. So annoying. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice (from our tree)
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • cashews
  • swiss cheese (about 5 thin slices, I think)
  • 1/2 pound hamburger (grass-fed)
  • a bunch of roasted asparagus with avocado oil, salt & pepper
I think that was it. I feel like there was more, but I can't think of anything. The orange juice was an experiment - and pretty darn tasty. Obviously, juice isn't as good for us as the whole fruit, but it tasted good as fruit, and I figured the juice was worth a shot.

I spent yesterday doing stuff. Painted the upper half of the foyer, sewed shorts for Lee (altered them), washed sweaters, and went for a walk. Don't know if we'll get another one in tonight, because it's pouring outside, but it's a start. Saturday was draining - we ran errands from 7 am until around 2 and then collapsed. And I slept that night with Benadryl.

So now that we are feeling better (I think Lee's still a week behind me, honestly, but that's a huge improvement for him as well), back to working on our eating. Meat-and-leaves is the plan, and we have a list of things planned for dinner this week that are mostly paleo and/or low-carb.

No comments:

Post a Comment