Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday

Last night's sleep was successful. I feel rested this morning - miles better than yesterday. I have more voice than yesterday as well. Recovering, I think. Finally!

Here's what I did yesterday that was intended to influence sleep:
  • Drove without sunglasses, to and from work. I know that one is supposed to get bright sunlight outdoors without glass in the way, for at least 30 minutes, preferably early in the morning. I can't really do that with my schedule and the solar options available right now, so I opted to get as bright sunlight as I could on my commutes. Including the sunroof - not open, but without the shade on.
  • Took gelatin before bedtime, after dinner. It's supposed to help.
  • Wore shorts in the evening, to get my body temp down.
  • Took melatonin at bedtime.
The last thing works reliably for me. It might be too high of a dose (5 mg), and if I can find 3 mg or less quick-dissolve ones next time, I will. But if I take it around 9, by 9:30 I'm drooling, and by 9:45 I'm usually comatose. That hasn't been the problem much. It's the 3 am wakening that kills me. These days, it's almost always from a hot flash (body temp rise), and sometimes I can go right back to sleep after it, and other times I can't. Last night, if it happened, I didn't know it. I do remember a leg cramp, that also didn't wake me much.

159.2 this morning. Right now, I'm a bit more focused on getting health and energy back than I am on weight loss, and once I feel 100%, we'll get back on working at the whole ketosis and low PUFA thing. I need to design something that isn't quite so cheese-based, though, because honestly, I'm getting super tired of cheese. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • 3 pieces of cheddar
  • walnuts
  • 3-tortilla cheese enchiladas with 505 mild sauce
  • peanuts/dried cranberries/dark chocolate chips (a sort of trail mix) - about 1/2 cup
  • lemon gelatin water
Light on the veg yesterday, but not terribly mucky otherwise. I'd give it a 7.

Still no exercise. Hopefully this weekend. If the upswing continues, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment