Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday

Got sleep last night. Per my wearable, over 5 hours of it deep sleep. It took 2 Benadryl to get it, but I got it. I feel more rested, and at the same time, wobbly and weak. Drained. This is one NASTY cold.

I think I was running a mild fever on the drive home yesterday - my eyes started burning, I was clobbered with a headache, and started freezing in the car - actually, I couldn't get temperature stable. Also nausea. Seriously lovely time. I made it home, crawled into sweats and under a blanket on the couch, where I pretty much stayed put. By the way, that's the bulk of my weekend plans.

Lee says he lost 9 pounds in the past week or so with this thing. Well, I'm having the same thing - down to 155.8 this morning. More leg cramps last night, despite eating pizza for dinner, with a carby but gluten-free crust.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • sausage patties
  • cheese (6 pieces of cheddar, I think)
  • half a gluten-free pizza with pepperoni, bell peppers, mushrooms
  • a Gatorade
  • a handful of cashews
I think that was it. It's always hard to recall accurately, and worse when your mind is mushy from being sick.

I'm happy to report that I managed sauerkraut this morning for breakfast. It tasted pretty darn good, and I drank the juice as well. I don't imagine it will be a cure, but it did settle my stomach pretty well. 

Anyway, if I can get through today's workday, I have a fighting chance of getting over this thing. I will certainly be fighting my hardest over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment