Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wednesday

It's a see-saw. Whee! Down Monday, Up Tuesday, Down Wednesday. 159.0 again this morning. However, the adherence to the new commitment to the old way of eating (too complex? maybe) is going pretty well. As of 2:30 yesterday, I hadn't been hungry since breakfast. Had a brief wish to eat something junky, but it subsided so quickly that I wasn't able to recall what it was I wanted. However, shortly after 3, I was hit with a nasty craving - for white bread yeast dough dinner rolls, with butter. The kind that show up on store shelves for brown and serve purposes around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't eat those. And I survived the craving. Now, if I could just remember, at a Mexican restaurant, that I don't eat chips...

For what it's worth, the dinner rolls thing died out almost as soon as I noticed it, and I made it home without a stop at the bread store anywhere. And we stayed so busy last night, painting the living room, that I had no time to think of snacking, much less execute on it.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon water with gelatin
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • 10 almonds
  • a burger patty - probably 1/2 pound
  • salad with lettuce, tomatoes, blue cheese dressing
  • 1 square of maltitol-sweetened chocolate
  • tea with cream

If I had to guess, I'd say my sleep improvements of late had more to do with a menopausal phase shift or something than anything I did, but I'm quite grateful for them, whatever the source. Last night, we were in bed before 9, both tired and achy, having been painting for several hours, followed by furniture replacement (new carpet in the living room, tra-la!). Lights-out around 9:15, out cold by 9:30, approximately. One semi-awakening at some point - I turned sound on again for another hour and passed back out - and the next thing I knew my dream had broken the surface of sleep and it was 5:20 am. THAT'S what I call a good night's sleep. I sure hope I can keep it up for a while - I wake up rested but wanting more. I'd like to move toward waking up rested and wanting to get going.

Interestingly, given a day where the only carbs I see are vegetables or nuts, I was only Trace ketones last night. Was I using the ones I generated, instead of excreting them? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment