I ended my day yesterday with the re-reading of this blog that I mentioned in the previous post. And thought about it, on and off, all evening and this morning on my commute - might as well use that hour productively. And I'm recommitting to the original principles. I think it will look something like this:
- breakfast - eggs and bacon or sausage, in reasonable quantities. Two pieces, not six. A cup of tea with cream. A small handful of almonds (right now, getting those once I get to work - but as a morning thing, not a lunch substitute.
- lunch - probably skipped. And no snacking to fill in the fact that I didn't have it
- dinner - meat and green veg - cooked or raw. One piece of chocolate after.
- bedtime - something high fat. Probably a half-cup of tea with cream.
- If I'm hungry - and ONLY then - a single piece of cheese. Not three. Or a few olives - but not an entire ramekin of them.
I basically started this last night at dinner. You'll be able to see the shift, I think. Here's yesterday:
- tea with cream
- lemon water with gelatin
- the usual supplements
- scrambled eggs
- turkey sausage
- a small handful of almonds
- more sauerkraut
- macadamia nuts
- a half-pound burger patty with a pat of butter on it
- salad with blue cheese dressing
- 1 piece of sugar-free (maltitol) chocolate
- tea with cream
No snacks after dinner. It helped that we went out on errands, I think, and didn't just sit around watching TV or reading. I have nothing with me for lunch today, although I have almonds and macadamias at the office, so if I get to starving, I have an option. I will try not to use it, though.
The almonds are a bit new. Something I read. Eating them in the morning, when the sunlight is bright, is supposed to help with circadian rhythms. Don't know if it is helping or not - and I have been doing it all week (forgot to put the entry in for Monday's or Tuesday's eating). I'm probably eating 5-6 of them, is all.
Sleep continues to be good - it's almost been long enough for me to declare that fat at bedtime, or gelatin in the morning, or both, is what I've been needing. If so, hooray.
I really hope I can persist in returning to eating properly - I saw so many entries about being fidgety energetic and things of that sort, and I want that stuff back, too.