Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday

I got more and better sleep last night, but it left me sleepy this morning. I hate when that happens. I'm soloing with the pets again; Lee's on the road. Anneke wanted out at 4:39 am, which pretty much made that the start of my day. Nonetheless, there were no 3-hour stretches of being awake in the wee hours, and that's a big improvement.

159.8 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • 3 string cheese sticks
  • about 10 macadamia nuts
  • meatballs with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese
  • about 5 salted chocolate almonds
  • a dark chocolate (Dove heart)
  • a few cashews (cleaned out nearly empty jar)
  • 2 Tbsp butter
I know - wait, what? That's not honey. I'm trying another thing. I was reading Dave Asprey's tips for better sleep yesterday, and he suggested fat with dinner or in the evening as something that might help. I forgot to have it at dinner time, so I had it at bedtime. Finished my melatonin and ate butter, plain. And got sleepy within 10-20 minutes and crashed. There's a possibility that the dog went outside twice overnight. I know I let her out before I fell asleep, but I sort of think I might have done it once afterwards, before 4:39. But I was enough asleep that I don't know for sure. That's probably a good thing.

It took several days, but I managed to get gelatin this morning. The weekend's complete chaos carried over into the week and I just could not get organized to have lemon juice and cold water fixed at night to have in the morning - but I managed it last night. Probably too early to tell, but my joint aches and stiffness were worse over the weekend and late last week, so maybe it was helping.

Did I mention yesterday that we've added 2 different sets of eye drops and another pill to the dog medication routine? And the eye drops have to be separated by 10 minutes, so one before eating and one after. I have friends that are on this degree of medication (perhaps not the infinite variety of delivery methods). Maybe I'm gaining a bit of weight with menopause, and maybe that makes me a little unhappy, but I'm not on ANY meds (bar vitamins) and don't foresee the need for them. So there will be no quitting and going back to eating "normally" because eating this way isn't working for weight right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment