Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday

I will not go out on a limb and say that the change in eating habits affected my weight. Not after 1 day, sorry. But I was at 159.4 this morning, so at a minimum, I lost some water. About damn time. 

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon water with gelatin
  • the usual supplements (switching, though to take Potassium and Magnesium at night to help fall asleep)
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • small handful of almonds
  • boeuf bourgignon (meat and sauce only)
  • green beans
  • 1 Dove dark chocolate heart
  • 1 slice of swiss cheese (less than 1 ounce)
  • tea with cream
My goal yesterday was to revert to a Breakfast-Dinner pattern, skipping lunch entirely. I wasn't sure, going in, that I was keto-adapted enough to fast without discomfort, and certainly, my habit was to eat during the workday. Some observations:
  • I felt mild hunger pangs occasionally at weird times during the day - like 10:30 am. I haven't been hungry at 10:30 in years, and I don't think I really was then, either. Some sort of mental thing going on.
  • As in the past, the hunger pangs subsided if I did nothing about them for about 10 minutes.
  • Overall, I felt pretty strong-willed about not eating. Whether or not that will last is another question entirely.
  • It was not a busy day; I had 3 meetings, and lots of spare time. That will always be a challenge.
  • Semi-starving by dinner, and still hungry afterward. But I limited the snacking as planned - 1 piece of cheese only, just enough to get me to bedtime.
Sleep - adequate, I guess. I dreamt that I was sleeping on a couch, for some reason - too short for me and uncomfortable. And that wasn't restful, but I didn't have a long period of wakefulness, and that was a good thing. Last night, it seemed like it took a long time to get to sleep, but I don't think it really did.

Ketones were up to Small last night as well. So that's good. Same plan for today, but with more bacon at breakfast and a seafood dinner out - and I'm working from home, so food availability - and temptation - is greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment