Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday

Stresswise, this was a total clusterf*ck of a week. Lee traveling, funky weather, Lee driving in the funky weather and nearly getting stranded on I-80 overnight in windy freezing temps with no warm clothes (it's Spring, after all - bad planning on our part there). Multiple annoying moments at work, topped up by a deployment last night and what looks to be an emergency fix stirring this morning. Or two.

And I got 3 straight nights' of pretty damn good sleep, with just melatonin. I'm still feeling kind of tired, but - and this is new - almost as if I could achieve a nap. Something I haven't been able to do for quite a few years, even when I needed one, which has only been recently. I'm not willing to credit the increased fat consumption in the evening for the sleep yet, but I will keep doing it until it stops working. Last night was some heavy cream in tea and some walnuts and some Frollick's cheese thingies.

158.6 this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • hot lemon water with gelatin
  • string cheese (low-fat, so 6 of them)
  • macadamia nuts
  • cheese (2 pieces of cheddar)
  • ground beef patty with mushroom gravy (probably flour-based roux)
  • wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, tomatoes, bacon
  • walnuts
  • tea with cream
  • Frollick's
No added sugar, unless some was hidden in the gravy or salad dressing or bacon. At this moment, I'm feeling pretty good about not having or giving in to cravings. That said, it's Friday and I'm working from home, just feet from a pantry with food in it, not all of it composed of pure fat. Ketones hit "Small" last night, which is a good thing.

Still no exercise - I'm thinking at the moment that my best bet is to keep working on the sleep and on getting my diet improved. I managed the gelatin this morning again, and am hoping it will help with the aches and pains. And I finally managed to get a massage set up - for tonight - and will make bloody sure that the therapist works my left IT band until it cries Uncle. I am scheduled to walk a 5K tomorrow, and if it's not raining I will go do it. Less certain about doing it if it is raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment