Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday

Some days are a red-letter day. Today is a Red-Bull day. Oddly enough, I "slept" straight through once I got to sleep until 5 am, but it was so shallow that I could tell - at the time - exactly how lightly I was asleep. But I wasn't awake.

Stress. No other word for it. We are dealing with a newly blind dog and a second dog that doesn't get that the first one is blind. He's been fighting with her, because she can't see him and walks into or onto him. He also isn't eating. I'm hoping his issue is just needing to learn to deal with her, but I worry that it's something sinister, like a form of Springer rage (epilepsy) or a brain tumor or something - or something chronic and horribly expensive. That's on top of us trying to get the house ready to sell and getting rid of enough stuff to move, and trying to decide whether, if Lee doesn't get the job in one new location, we just take a gamble, sell the house anyway, and move to a different, cheaper, location, on the proceeds and his retirement money and hope for the best. I went to bed around 9 and about 15 minutes later realized that I needed to get up and read for a while - went back to bed around 11:30 and was able to get to sleep fairly quickly at that point - although, as I said, not very deeply.

We need to find a way to deal with it - certainly the dog situation isn't going away any time soon unless it's something acute and terminal (which I doubt). And we're probably in a sort of limbo regarding the move until June some time - at least, that's what Lee found out from the guy trying to hire him. The dog issue, though, could screw with more immediate plans, since I have to stay home with them this weekend if my parents can't cope with eye drops. And I've had to stay home during the 2-week peregrination and the trip to Boise last week, and I'm tired of having to stay home every time, dammit.

160.2 this morning. Ate chips and guac last night, but otherwise nothing carby. Negative ketones, though. Here's the day:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon water with gelatin
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • string cheese (low-fat, my bad - 5 sticks)
  • a few macadamias
  • chips and guac
  • pork fajitas with sour cream, cheese, salsa, and more guac
  • tea with cream again
So, did the evening fat help last night? I don't know. I guess the not waking up at 2 am thing hints at yes, but seriously, I'm not sure anyone would have slept well with all the flying monkeys in our house just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment