Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday

Not a good weekend; ate a lot of carbs, with the result that I didn't show even trace ketosis last night at bedtime.  On the good side, I did 10 real squats on Saturday - down to a 90-degree angle in the knee, anyway.  I feel stronger in my quads and knees these days, so the biking and weights and what-not appear to be helping.  150.2 this morning - down from a high Saturday morning of 150.6 (and I ate okay on Friday).

I'm thinking sleep may be part of the problem; we had a rough patch last week that I hope will be better this week, now that it's cooled down a bit.  I slept clear through to 4:30 this morning, which is a huge improvement over last week.

Here's yesterday's eating, as I recall it:
  • tea with cream
  • omelet with ham, cheese, and tomatoes
  • a few bites of hash browns (should have skipped; they weren't that good)
  • naked 5-Guys cheeseburger with mushrooms and onions and what-not
  • more fries than I should have had (especially as I had fries on Saturday as well)
  • cheese (about 5 pieces, maybe more)
  • cashews (equivalent of 3 handfuls, I think)
I think that was it.  Not great.  Saturday started okay, with a coconut milk smoothie (trying to cope with no sleep that night), but degraded into french fries dipped into commercial ranch dressing by lunchtime, and culminated with ice cream.

Since our radio excuse to lie in has gone away (they've switched programming at 6 am to something we don't care to listen to), we'll be back eating breakfast again.  We had more egg "custard" for breakfast this morning - made to be quiche lorraine, this time.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment