Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday

So I had a slug of light olive oil yesterday around lunchtime on an empty stomach, and did not enjoy that in the least - unpleasant, and seemed to make me hungrier.  However, I hung in there, drank hot water instead of tea, and got through it.  Ate nothing except maybe 3 macadamia nuts until 7, roughly, due to a long day and brutal commute (stress much?  yeah), when I had a 6-oz sirloin and some southern-style green beans.  Never got around to eating anything else last night, because a new cable modem had arrived and needed to be installed.  Went to bed feeling wired (the installation was also frustrating), but fell asleep within half an hour of turning the lights off, which I generally consider successful.  And slept like a rock clear through until 5 am.  Coolio.  

Oh, and I'm at 149.6 this morning.  For what that's worth.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • macadamia nuts
  • a mouthful of light olive oil
  • steak
  • green beans
We went to Denny's for breakfast this morning, in order to get out of the chaos, I think.  By the time I went to work, the requisite hour had pretty much passed, so I have had my mouthful of oil for the day - this time, on a full stomach, which seems far less painful.  I'm drinking hot water again, as a tea substitute, and will until 9:22 or later - probably later, since I have a 9:00 meeting.

The reason I'm trying the Shangri-La approach right now is less (I think) to get weight lost than to see if it helps my emotional eating - boredom in the evenings and on weekends.  I'm a snacker - have been forever - and I want to stop.  We shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment