Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday

I may have found the key to getting my sleep back in order, although it's a bit too early to tell for sure.  I had thought that the menopause support supplement I'd been taking only had melatonin in the nighttime pill; it didn't.  It has black cohosh as well, as does the daytime one.  Took a daytime supplement along with my other melatonin last night, and while I still woke up a couple times with hot flashes, I think things were a bit more manageable.  So I will do that again tonight, to see if it continues to improve, and if it does, I may just go buy some bloody black cohosh.  

Eating yesterday was weird.  Lee was sick or something, and didn't get up, so I had just cheese for breakfast.  Then I didn't want beef jerky, so I had trail mix - twice - as my daylight meals.  I find the trail mix interesting - it's good, but not addictive.  My guess is that the lack of salt is why I can eat until not hungry and then stop.  But I don't know for sure.  Anyway, I think it might be a keeper.  147.0 this morning, so we're still working off the whatever-it-was from Sunday.  Here's the breakdown:
  • tea with cream
  • cheese (two pieces)
  • the usual supplements
  • about 1-1/2 cups of trail mix
  • gyro meat with tzaziki sauce
  • one Ghirardelli square with milk chocolate and almonds
  • one more piece of cheese
I think that was it.  We walked after work last night, and before dinner, and I wasn't crazy hungry - and that shortened the evening eating window, as usual.  To keep my shoulder quiet, I didn't race walk, just strolled for a mile and went home.  Good decision, I think; things are pretty quiet in the shoulder pain department this morning.

A more normal eating day today, I think - although I have a lunch user group meeting thingie today at a pasta restaurant.  I may find myself explaining my eating style if the options available don't include anything I can actually eat.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment