Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday

Don't know why I was so eager for it to be Thursday this week.  Thursday brought snow and traffic snarls this morning and seems likely to deliver more before the day's over.

I achieved ketosis yesterday, for certain.  The fast lasted until dinner was made, and I wasn't all that hungry when I got home, truly.  And my calves are fasciculating, bless them.  Had me launching out of bed last night like a rocket, once - but only once.  Other than that, I slept very well.  And I'm at 146.0 this morning.  So there.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • Big-Ass Salad (tm) with roast beef and feta and Greek vinaigrette
  • two almond shortbread cookies
  • a Ghirardelli chocolate square
  • a handful of potato chips
  • two chocolate almonds
By the time I hit the bed, I could tell that cramps were imminent, so had the chips (yeah, that's why!).  I don't think they worked all that well.  However, once the one cramp hit and was vanquished, I slept like a log until 5:27, so I don't mind much.  And of course, now I'm really tired and achy.  My shoulder is stiff and tired - I don't know if the exercises are making the muscles being exercised ache, or if they're irritating the ones at the root of the problem, or what, but I wouldn't mind spending a couple of weeks not using my right arm at all.  I think Advil is in my future.

Maybe fasting lunch and dinner today, again for convenience; going to my niece's gymnastics meet directly from work.  Shouldn't be too much of a burden not to eat.  Glad to see 146 again this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment