Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday

Well, I was right.  All that water retention was hormonal, and leading up to something.  Guess I'm not quite done with the roller-coaster.  I certainly hope this doesn't mean I have another round of bloody hot flashes yet to come, even if I've found a way to survive them this time.  In any event, I am hopeful that I will lose any remaining water, feel significantly less ugh in a couple of days, and be able to go about my business (and maybe lose some of this confounded weight!).

151.4 this morning, not that I should be there.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • salami (2 slices)
  • Lindt 85% chocolate (2 squares)
  • 6 oz bacon-wrapped filet
  • green beans with bacon and pecans
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • rather a lot of dried strawberries (so much for not snacking last night)
  • 3 pieces of cheese
Was that it?  I guess it was.  I keep thinking I'm eating badly, but that was actually a pretty stellar day - good fats, meat, dairy, and what the literature is now referring to as "cellular" carbs. As opposed to sugar and flour, which are acellular, I believe.  The former are said to be something we're adapted to eat.  Cool by me - whatever.  It does make sense, when you think about it; although Early Man could have acquired sugar/sucrose through honey occasionally, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as large a component of his diet as, say, fruit or tubers or leaves. 

Fasting today.  Slept rotten last night - my stomach was unhappy for some reason that I don't really understand, and it woke me up a couple of times with vivid, rather disturbing dreams.  I've been very distressed or angry in dreams this past week - which I will also put down to the hormones.  I hope that's the cause - I would like things to calm down a bit at night.

In any event, the fasting is for convenience - I have a haircut at 6:00 and will likely spend the dinner hour trying to get there from work, and it was tough to get moving this morning, so what the hey!  If I end up having some salami mid-day, I won't worry about it much.

No comments:

Post a Comment