Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday

We worked our butts off over the weekend, figuratively speaking.  Painting, moving furniture, moving books, cleaning up after same.  I am a bundle of ache.  And 152.2, still.  Saturday morning the scale said 150.something (8?  I truly cannot recall), but it was gone the next morning. 

I ate sorta-kinda well all weekend - the odd chip-and-salsa on Friday with carne asada for dinner; salad with chicken for lunch on Saturday after a breakfast of bacon.  Naked burgers that night for dinner. And fries.  I shoulda asked for them to be omitted.  You'd think I'd know by now.

I do have ankles again, which is nice.  I don't know if they'll stay put, or if I'll see them disappear in a pool of retained water as the week goes by.  Guess we'll see.  But I think this is the first time they've been back since the 4th, so that's a good thing.

Sleep has been okay of late - I'm taking magnesium at bedtime instead of melatonin, and it seems to be working.  I do find myself waking in the pre-dawn hours; generally a dream touches too near the surface, and blammo! I'm checking the time, and it's 3-4 am pretty much regularly.  A trip to the restroom, a little old-time radio and I'm back to dreamland very quickly, so I can live with it.

Here's yesterday's eating, as near as I can recall:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • cheese (a couple of pieces)
  • walnuts (several times)
  • chocolate cherries (about 10, spread over the day)
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • a couple of hunks of tri-tip in a Guy Fieri marinade - the ingredients list had franken-oils, but well down on the list and nothing else bad, so we will probably do it again; it was pretty tasty
I think that was it.  I tried pretty hard to keep things under control, and I did show a "small" level of ketosis at bedtime.  My focus for this week is going to be on snacking, since I think it is causing me issues.  Things are a bit more stressful than I would like just now - we've been busier in the evenings than normal, what with moving Elizabeth out and getting the guest room set up in her former bedroom (she did admit that it was a bit disconcerting to see us do it so quickly - but I want my sewing room back, and the painting and what-not was a prerequisite for moving the furniture).  Work has been fine, but the commute has been getting to me - it's routinely more than an hour to get home each night.  And the house has been topsy-turvy with the new couch and the partial rearrangement of stuff to work with it until we could get bookcases in place.  Well, that's all finished now - part of the weekend's work - so I think we can start a "puttering" phase to get the last bits tidied and settled, and it shouldn't be so stressful.  I hope that's the case, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment