Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday

It's still happening.  Not that I helped it along any - I ate carbs beyond my normal intake nearly all weekend.  Just bad.  153.4 this morning, that's how bad.

Here's what I think I ate yesterday:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • chocolate blueberries
  • cheese
  • salami
  • chips and salsa
  • a handful of cashews
  • walnuts
  • coconut chips
  • a pork chop
  • salad with salami, feta, and greek vinaigrette
  • a giant (well, medium) ice cream from Cold Stone
  • probably more crap I just can't recall
I blame hormones; right now I'm just craving carbs.  Was driving around either Friday or Saturday with a giant yen for spaghetti.  I have not had spaghetti, however.  Just chocolates and ice cream and chips. 

So, back on the wagon this morning.  Egg-and-bacon breakfast; will try to limit the cheese consumption throughout the day and wrap things up with a paleo-Chipotle selection (no beans, no rice, double meat, guac).  Elizabeth will be moving starting today (wrapping up Saturday, we hope), and we're on tap to help, so there shouldn't be much of a window for eating.

Sometime over the weekend, I slept wrong on my right shoulder or something; whatever happened, I'm about dying now.  Icy hot is not helping this time (tried it for the past two nights), and the pain runs from my neck down to my elbow.  I think it's a pinched nerve.  Not fun.  Advil for breakfast this morning.

On Saturday, Elizabeth and I made "bread" from a recipe I found online - eggs, cream cheese, cream of tartar, and salt.  I wasn't sure it would be good, but yesterday she took two of the pieces and achieved a reasonable facsimile of a grilled cheese sandwich.  Better living through (food) chemistry, I'd say.

Onward.  I will get this sorted out.  Somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment