Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fasting

... is different in menopause.  I'm no hungrier than on an earlier fast; mild stomach growling that subsides if I leave it for 10 minutes or so - certainly, I'm not feeling homicidal, shaky, headachy or any of those nasty carb-crash hunger things.  But my appetite is talking to me.  I had to go downstairs for a meeting a few minutes ago, and as soon as I hit the stairwell, a little voice was telling me to go all the way down and hit the machines up for a snack.  At another meeting, I was coveting my neighbor's sandwich in the worst way.  Thinking about what to eat for dinner.  Thinking about chocolate. 

I wouldn't call it cravings, exactly, but food is pretty much constantly on my mind right now.  Fortunately, my horror at my recent weight trend is much stronger than that.  And I will beat this, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment